June 30, 2006

Simpler Times in Israel

Three Wise Men In Attendance, Bethlehem

FIRST WISE MAN: (to Joseph)

It's funny, he doesn't look much like you. Doesn't even look Jewish.

JOSEPH:

I'll let you in on a little secret. I'm not the father.

FIRST WISE MAN: (shocked)

No-o-o! What are you saying to me?

JOSEPH:

Not that this should shock you, but he's God's kid. She told me.

FIRST WISE MAN:

Uh, Joe. Look, she hadda come up with something, okay? It happens.

JOSEPH:

I think it's true.

SECOND WISE MAN:

Your wife's shtupping God? What kind of town is this?!

JOSEPH:

Not actually God, I don't think. But how do I know? Apparently I was the last to know about a lot of things. God, you know, He could have asked. I mean, He wrote the Ten Commandments, not me. Seems like two of them covered this. But she's saying the deed itself was done by an angel.

THIRD WISE MAN:

I mean no disrespect, Joe, but it's tough to compete with that. You take great care of yourself, don't get me wrong. But an angel…So the kid favors the father, you think?

JOSEPH:

Time will tell. From what I hear, the angel was blond, and sort of….radiant.

SECOND WISE MAN:

You don't think....?

JOSEPH:

No.

FIRST WISE MAN:

Well, anyway, we'll leave this stuff here.

JOSEPH:

Tell you what, fellas. The gold is great, and thanks. But the frankincense and myrrh, please, it's bad enough we're in a stable.

(Exeunt all)

No comments:

Post a Comment